COVID Considerations and Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
With Chad Wooters, Executive Sleep Coach
Dentists can screen their patients for an airway concern or obstructive sleep apnea in 3 ways without using any additional forms! If a dental team evaluates a patient’s medical history, intra-oral signs, and subjective complaints, they can effectively screen and test patients with obstructive sleep apnea.
This webinar will discuss these three areas in great detail and a workflow that has shown to increase HST case acceptance rates by over 20% in dental practices. We will also discuss DSM screening forms for practices looking for an additional conversation starter for their airway protocol.
This is for any dentists considering getting involved in offering the life-saving treatment of oral appliance therapy to their patients.
If you want to increase the number of patients, you help with a home sleep test or learn more regarding the medical and dental board rulings related to dentist, sleep apnea, and COVID-19, you need to register for this webinar.
By the webinar’s conclusion, you will learn to:
- Discuss the ADA’s and AADSM’s position on the dentist’s role in the OSA process
- Discuss the AASM’s position of oral appliance therapy in light of the COVID-19 Virus
- Understand the intraoral signs of obstructive sleep apnea present in the dental chair
- Identify subjective signs of airway obstruction and sleep apnea
- Explore components of an effective screening protocol for dental professionals and their teams
*Co-Sponsored by Atlanta Dental, Goetze Dental, Midwest Dental, Nashville Dental, and Awaken2Sleep
For more information on any of the sponsors please click the logo below!